Wednesday 20 March 2013

Liz Million's Theatre Firsts

As it is World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People, we asked children's author and illustrator Liz Million to share her Theatre Firsts:

My earliest memory of the theatre was when Abbey Infants visited the Civic Theatre, Darlington. Going anywhere on the bus was always exciting and we went to see The Selfish Shellfish. It was a very magical experience as the world under the sea was brought to life with costumes and sparkly rocks. I loved the fact we all sat in the dark and smoke covered us completely as we were right at the front! Even now when I smell fake smoke it transports me to my first play.

I loved the panto as well as sweets were chucked into the audience and you got to heckle the bad guys which I was a big fan of because at school you always had to put your hand up.

I still thoroughly enjoy visiting the theatre. My 3 year old son visited the panto this christmas and was scared stiff!

I am also a massive fan of Punch and Judy and remember also seeing a show and getting free toothpaste!

Visit Liz's website at http://www.lizmillion.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment